LUCKYPADS Reusable Menstrual Pads Selection Guide
Reusable menstrual pads (or reusable sanitary pads) are an eco-friendly alternative to disposable menstrual pads, and they are also cheaper eventually.
Not sure which reusable pads are best for you?
LUCKYPADS has curated this reusable menstrual pad selection guide to help you find the perfect pad for your needs!
When it comes to your period, you have options.
It does not have to be a monthly source of frustration—it can be your secret weapon instead.
LUCKYPAD reusable menstrual pads will help you manage leakages and odor better than disposable pads, giving you more control over your period and an easier time getting through it.
With sizes ranging from mini up to maxi, you can find a pad that works for your body and lifestyle.
No matter what kind of pad you choose, remember: LUCKYPAD is designed for comfort.
The top-quality organic cotton fabric is soft against your skin, breathes well, and provides flexibility so you will not feel like you are wearing a diaper.
Plus, its antimicrobial properties mean it helps prevent odor-causing bacteria from forming on them between uses!
The basic types of LUCKYPADS are all here!
- LUCKYPADS are not simply basic reusable menstrual pads, and they are for everyone. They come in varied sizes for all your needs, from day pads to night pads.
- Let us have a closer look at all:
- Panty Liners(No Waterproof Layer) – A perfect travel partner without the waterproof layer, it can be used as panties. Attention: because it is without a waterproof layer, it can not be used for light days.
- Panty Liners – Complete solution for pre and post period daily protection, can be used as period panties or a backup for menstrual cup as well.
- Panty Liners Plus – A solution for pre and post-period daily protection can work as day pads too. Designed for menstrual period discharge (light days) or light bladder leakage, or as a backup for your menstrual cup.
- Day Pads – Perfect for light to regular flow daytime needs.
- Day Pads Plus – Great for regular to heavy flow daytime needs
- Night Pads – Perfectly designed for light-moderate nighttime flow, they can be used for heavy flow in the daytime or as postpartum pads.
- Night Pads Plus – Perfect for moderate to heavy flow nighttime needs, it can also be perfect for postpartum and heavy daytime flow.
These are all different types of pads that are perfect for everyone. Along with these pads, there are kits for everyone’s needs.
- Starter Kit – A perfect kit for new to reusable menstrual pads
- Light Flow Kit – An excellent kit for light to moderate flow
- Heavy Flow Kit – A superior protection kit for heavy period flow
- Postpartum Kit – An ideal kit for new moms after giving birth
How to care for your pad?
You might also be wondering about LUCKYPAD washability.
To ensure the durability of the reusable menstrual pad, we recommend hand washing, but if you're troublesome, it's also machine washable, don't worry, toss them in with your regular laundry loads.
Even though reusable pads are durable, there is still a bit of care that goes into using them.
Here are some things you can do to make sure your pad stays in good condition:
- Wash & dry regularly – It is important to wash and dry your reusable menstrual pad every few days. The washing instructions will be listed on each pad (most companies suggest hand washing with cold water). Still, usually, all you need is gentle soap and water with no additional detergents or fabric softeners. This will help keep it smelling fresh and reduce any chances of stains or odors clinging to it over time. In addition to keeping your pad clean from period stains, regular cleaning will also help maintain its absorbency and ensure that it does not develop any bacterial smells.
- Keep out of direct sunlight – Some reusable pads come in colors other than white; if you have a colored pad, make sure to avoid exposing it to too much direct sunlight since colors can fade from prolonged exposure. It would be best if you also tried to keep your reusable pads away from heat sources like radiators, as they can cause discoloration over time.
- Store properly – Once you have cleaned your reusable pad, either hang it up or lay it flat for storage. If hanging up is not an option for whatever reason (perhaps if you do not have a drying rack large enough), laying it flat will help prevent marks or creases caused by folding and could prolong its life even further.
- Check our care guide for reusable menstrual pads.
Who is it suitable for?
Most women are currently using disposable pads or tampons.
You should not be concerned about cost because reusable menstrual pads are not necessarily more expensive over time; in fact, they can save you money as you no longer must buy packs of disposables!
Any woman with a vagina is suitable – even if she has never had her period before (if she is approaching menarche) – so do not worry if your first use will be a couple of years away.
If, however, you already have an IUD and wish to use it with a reusable pad, then it will work but check with your doctor/healthcare provider first just in case there are any safety concerns.
Why choose LUCKYPADS?
LUCKY are eco-friendly. Our reusable pads and liners will save you money and create less waste than disposable sanitary products.
While it may be a little more expensive at first, switching from regular to LUCKYPADS reusable menstrual pads will save you money in time!
By choosing reusables, you are doing your part for our environment and yourself!
The best part about LUCKYPADS is that they can be used multiple times without ever wearing out, unlike disposables.
Using throwaway napkins means constantly having to replace them; using reusables not only cuts down on both costs and waste but also means avoiding plastic chemicals getting into our bodies with every period cycle.
So, what are you waiting for, come on and try them now!