How To Use And Wash Luckypads Cloth Menstrual Pads - Ultimate Guide 2020
LUCKYPADS cloth menstrual pads are easy to use and maintain — the key is just a little practice.
How to use
We recommend using your LUCKYPADS washable menstrual pads with snug-fitting cotton underwear to allow sufficient airflow and keep your LUCKYPADS in place.
To use LUCKYPADS washable menstrual pads:
- Place your pad inside of your underwear with the pattern facing down (the pattern will touch your underwear, not your vulva)
- Fold the pad wings over the outside of the gusset of your underwear
- Fasten the snaps together
If you feel your pad moves a little during the day, all you need to do is shift it a bit forward or backward. You don’t need to take the pad off completely to adjust its placement.
How to wash
Washing LUCKYPADS cloth sanitary pads well is essential. It’s not a step you can skip or leave until later. For some, washing cloth sanitary pads seems a little foreign and uncomfortable at first, but once you’ve done it a few times, the job will form part of your regular washing routine. The more you do it, the simpler and more comfortable it feels.
To get started, gather your equipment. Suggested equipment includes:
- rubber gloves
- a bucket for soaking
- some gentle laundry detergent and stain remover (Luckypads cold process soap works like a charm! It is brilliant for washing cloth sanitary pads, cold process soap not only generally considered a more "natural" bar of soap but also olive oil ingredients are suitable for all skin types as a moisturizer, penetrating deeply into the skin.)
- your regular hand washing tub
There are four steps to washing LUCKYPADS cloth sanitary pads:
- Rinse your pads under cold water until the water runs clear
- Soak your pads in cold water for a minimum of 2 hours. You could add stain remover to this step, depending on the type of stain remover you’ve chosen
- Add detergent or cold process soap to the soiled area of your pad and gently rub it until it lathers, then wash well. You can use stain remover in this step as well if it’s necessary
- Leave your pads to hang dry. You need to dry them thoroughly before you use them again. You can do this inside or outside
Other important care instructions for using and maintaining your LUCKYPADS cloth sanitary pads include:
- Wash your pads before first use
- After use, soak and wash them as soon as you can (cold process soap is a great choice for washing)
- Hand washing is recommended over machine washing
- Do not use bleach, tumble dry, wring, or twist
- Do not iron or dry clean
- Do not boil your pads. It is unnecessary and will most likely damage them
- Dry pads completely before use and storage
- If you need to change your pads while you’re out, fold the used pad, store them in an appropriate bag and wash them when you get home
- Your pads are for your use only. Please don’t share them with others
- Don’t wash your pads in public facilities
How to fold and store
You’d never guess this just by looking at them, but LUCKYPADS reusable menstrual pads fold well and store neatly in a pouch. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, it’s fast and straightforward.
Once you’ve folded your clean and dry pads they’ll store neatly in a pouch such as this:
So now, do you know how to use and wash your cloth menstrual pads correctly? Share your washing tips with us below!